Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Approaching Storm" -Sold



I did have sunflowers as models for this painting. I'm discovering that I need the proper lighting not only for the still life, but in my studio to illuminate the canvas as I'm painting.
The still life also needs more controlled lighting. Okay, one thing at a time.... what is that called... a shadow box?
This little ditty would not photograph. I think I'll change the camera that I've been using. It's all the dark purple in this painting that throwing it off... I think...keep painting...I'm really liking painting with oils rather than acrylic, seems oils are more malleable...
-jM

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lighting is oh so important. I confess to 'lazy' lighting and it does hold me back.

fine art in artful jewelry said...

keep those cards and letters coming!