Friday, March 18, 2011

"Good Day for Sunshine"

7.5" x 5.5" mixed media on paper
A strange little title for a rainy day here in Indianapolis, but a little sunflower like this is always a good day for sunshine!

This painting was done with a technique that I learned from Joanie, Art for the Soul of It.  I've had a lot of fun playing around with this. Thanks Joanie! I'm going to keep experimenting with this... so far so good.

This is gouache, india ink, gold paint pen, acrylic, hmm what else... sweat...  : )  I really like the effect, gonna stay after it!

Have a safe Friday!!

-jM

4 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Very swirly and bright. I love it!

Kathy Cousart said...

Really wonderful colors and brushwork- agree that everyone needs sunshine!

JanettMarie said...

A little sunshine does go a long way! Thanks Catherine and Kathy. This technique is something I think I will study a little longer....

joanieART said...

A great painting, and glad you were inspired by my post. You've made the process entirely your own here....
the pops of scarlet are yummy!