Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Strawberries and Tea"

6" x 8" oil on canvas panel
Well, I made it through a three day workshop and man am I mentally exhausted!

This is the painting I produced today and well, not like my typical stuff lately... but change is good. I did learn a lot of new and different ideas. Like the way a painting reads and the way you would like the viewer to read your painting(s). And setting up still life's and the lighting! I love good input.

This photo was shot quickly today, I will try to get a better photos of the studies I did this weekend, later this week.

It was nice to work in oil again. I really do like it.

Oh, yes, that is a coffee cup on the right, the handle is hidden on the back side.... or maybe this is a European cup? Hmmm.... take care!

-jM

6 comments:

leigh said...

great job jM! i look forward to the new experience that you'll bring to your work! these are beautiful!

Connie Nobbe said...

It was fun painting and learning next to you! Thanks for hanging out with me and making it even more fun! You taught me a lot also. :)

JanettMarie said...

Thanks leigh! I can hardly wait to get back into the studio downtown!

Thanks Connie, so happy you shared the painting workshop opportunity with me! I had a great time.
A lot of work... but a great time!

myra anderson said...

another wonderful painting! would like to see all of those photos of course. also if I ever came to Indiana - by way of Chicago after seeing my mama - I would stop by your studio and take a mixed media workshop from you - of course you would have to put me and Harvey and Tiny up - but I know that that's NO PROBLEM!!!!

JanettMarie said...

Oh yes, you, Harvey and Tiny would be no problem.
I think Tyger would like Tiny and does Harvey smoke cigars?

Angela Sullivan said...

Beautiful teapot