Monday, February 13, 2012

"Van Gogh's Coffee" -Sold

7"x5" Acrylic on paper

Surely Van Gogh drank coffee, rumor is he drank libations, certainly coffee too!

I did a Wine and Canvas painting about two weeks ago that was a homage to Starry Night. Study Van Gogh I did, yes! I even went to the Indianapolis Museum of Art and looked at the one Van Gogh painting on display. The IMA website/brochure says we have two Van Gogh's in Indianapolis. I could only find one, the other may be on loan to another gallery/museum.

Honestly, my friend Myra inspired this painting. It all has to do with books and books about art! After studying Van Gogh a little bit and trying his technique, all I can say is he must have had a lot of time on his hands to make all those little marks. I bet he had a lot of patience too! And only one size brush!

Please note this is a small 7" by 5" painting, I'm not sure I would do this one big..... I would need more time than I've given myself to complete the 100 coffee cup paintings!

-jM
PS: Happy Birthday to my sister Vickie!!

6 comments:

fine art in artful jewelry said...

starry, starry coffee! you and myra make a good team!

Connie Nobbe said...

What a great idea for a painting!

JanettMarie said...

Thanks! It just made sense. : )

Bonnie Heather said...

Very good Van Gogh like.

hmuxo said...

I looked through your blog and you have some awesome work here!! But I especially love your Van Gogh!! Beautifully painted!! I look forward to your next piece!!!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Very clever and very cute!