Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Abstract Granny" -Sold

Granny Smith.... she's an "Abstract Granny".
Abstract... it's fun. Must be why I do it. Comes from the heart better when it's fun too!

As I started this painting, doing a close up of this apple made me want to have a bigger brush.
Interesting... when things or subjects are farther away I need a smaller brush, when I get too, too close, seems I need a larger brush. Hmmm... could be my imagination, it does get carried away a lot!!

It's fun.

-jM

6 comments:

Kathleen O'Neil Stevens said...

I love your Granny!

Karen Masbaum said...

Love it! I know what you mean about using a larger brush for close-ups, I feel that need too, don't know what that's all about...

leigh said...

very cool, jm, and not so abstract..i know exactly what it is. it has all that it needs and nothing more....perfect!

Jerry Points said...

Love the boldness. The large brush is a nice bold expression. You've seen CM do a demo in one large flat brush. And...there is that "fun" word again. Always good to see the joy in your work.

Gerald de Dios said...

Love it! Full of movement and energy in your colors and brush strokes.

myra anderson said...

what a beauty! love your colors!