Saturday, May 31, 2014

"Tyger 1" aka "Cool Cat" with a "splash" of color

20"x10" Hand painted fine art print. 
20"x10" Charcoal and clear gesso on canvas.
Thanks to all for the ideas and comments. As Hilda suggested, a "splash" of color! I was too chicken to commit it to the original painting, so I made a fine art print (one with pigment inks as opposed to dye inks that will fade) and added acrylic paint to that. Made me think I could do many versions of this Tyger now! Of course, I'll probably move on.....

Tyger nose or martini?
I posted this guy on Facebook and one of my artist buddies Nancy Beck made this comment about the nose/mouth looking like a martini. 

Oh the ideas are just everywhere!!

What next?

Have a great weekend!!

-jM


5 comments:

Connie Nobbe said...

Ah yes, the martini glass nose! I didn't see that at first. Very cool! Your cat has such character!

hmuxo said...

LOVE that cat, Myra!!!

Lisa Graham said...

This cat is awesome JanettMarie!

myra anderson said...

wow! that was a great catch! can't wait to see more!!

Prairie Jill said...

Ooh, Tyger, Tyger burning bright! I love the splash of colour, and really love the martini glass nose!

I'm enjoying catching up on your blog. So many fun things. I love the black & white & grey roses, and the vibrant colours in "D.C. Serenity" and "Invisible Woman". Gorgeous! Good luck with the new series. (I think the Roses are going to be my favourite!)

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today! I really appreciate it.