Monday, July 11, 2011

"Little Pink Cup"

Found this little gem today sitting on my painting table just asking to be finished. This is one I started oh, maybe a week and a half ago. I guess it needed some drying time and me some time away from it. It's another one of the cup paintings I made up (no model). I have to tell you, after the cup sketch/painting yesterday of the apple cup, and the fact that it was painted from a live model, I looked at this handle a little longer today and thought.... time to use the live models.

Please stay cool and careful today, our heat index is 110 degrees F!

-jM

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

nice cup! love the colors! love the one on the book in the previous post too! yes it is hot here too . . . drinking coffee in air conditioning AND under the fan!

myra anderson said...

ALSO . . . love those poppie painters!!!

fine art in artful jewelry said...

great work! i'm getting them again...go figure.

Angela Sullivan said...

I have searched your blog and love it all. The apple series is so bold and wonderful. I have always wanted to do a series but never have. Maybe now that I see yours I will put more thought into it.