Monday, July 11, 2011

"Little Pink Cup"

Found this little gem today sitting on my painting table just asking to be finished. This is one I started oh, maybe a week and a half ago. I guess it needed some drying time and me some time away from it. It's another one of the cup paintings I made up (no model). I have to tell you, after the cup sketch/painting yesterday of the apple cup, and the fact that it was painted from a live model, I looked at this handle a little longer today and thought.... time to use the live models.

Please stay cool and careful today, our heat index is 110 degrees F!

-jM

4 comments:

the art of the dance is like chocolate said...

nice cup! love the colors! love the one on the book in the previous post too! yes it is hot here too . . . drinking coffee in air conditioning AND under the fan!

the art of the dance is like chocolate said...

ALSO . . . love those poppie painters!!!

fine art in artful jewelry said...

great work! i'm getting them again...go figure.

Angela said...

I have searched your blog and love it all. The apple series is so bold and wonderful. I have always wanted to do a series but never have. Maybe now that I see yours I will put more thought into it.