Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Beth"

8"x6" mixed media on paper mounted to canvas

Here is "Beth", she is Clara's sister. This little painting is a commissioned piece that I finished Friday and boy did I clean my studio a bit before I could get this painting to come alive! A sure sign that I'm distracting myself from doing something or meeting a deadline, is the cleaning the studio syndrome!

I had an ah ha moment on Thursday night and found myself able to finish Beth on Friday...  whew, that will make my client very happy!

A coffee cup? Yes, I have one tomorrow morning!

-jM

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Du mouvement, de la couleur... Une très jolie peinture...
gros bisous

Connie Nobbe said...

I LOVE IT!
Lets do lunch.

fine art in artful jewelry said...

love it,too! congratulations!

JanettMarie said...

Thanks my friends. I love the mystery of the figures that are evolving from my brush.

Lisa Graham said...

Wow Janett, this is such a beautiful piece. It's a lovely pile of femaleness all in the middle. When I try to do faceless works they just look unfinished to me. Yours looks very complete.

Angela Sullivan said...

You do deserve a cup of coffee after this one or maybe a carafe.