Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Sunflower on Sunday" -Sold


Last night, Randy and I went shopping at the grocery store Kroger, for a few things. I wandered over to the flower department. I couldn't believe it, I found a couple sunflowers, woo hoo!

This is an experimental piece. I really like the technique that Joni T. Johnson used to do her work. I got to see a few pieces in person when I worked at the frame shop. I just fell in love with them. There is something about her work that intrigues me. Her technique, the poems, the images?

I didn't have exactly the right tools, I have been painting in oil and this is my first attempt with watercolor since when? Grade school? This is watercolor, ink, pencil and water-soluble crayons on a watercolor paper block. Did I say salt? I tried salt!

-jM

5 comments:

Kathleen O'Neil Stevens said...

Very nice JanettMarie! Hard to believe you have not been working in watercolor by the looks of this! Beautiful!

Bobbi Heath said...

Gotta love that salt!

Lisa Daria said...

Agreed, love the salt ! And the toned background - and the variation in line weight. . . and SO jealous you found sunflowers this time of year - !

Jane said...

Love this Janett! Absolutely beautiful:o)

myra anderson said...

beautiful!