Monday, January 18, 2010

"Teri's Flower"


Yesterday, I found an old box of paintings, drawings and photos from my art school days.
One of the pieces had this funky little flower in the corner. What was going on then? Anyway, I thought, that's not bad looking ....
Today, I thought I would try to reproduce the little flower. Hello, that's not easy, as a result this flower doesn't look anything like the one on the old painting... hmmmm.

Here, I have a new flower. Teri's Flower. It's Teri's flower, because last spring, she bought a little painting from my March 6th day of painting. Teri calls it her "White Sunflower".  Maybe I should do another version of the white sunflower.

Thanks for the inspiration Teri!

-jM

5 comments:

myra anderson said...

so wonderfully colorful! i love it!

Kathleen O'Neil Stevens said...

I see you pulled some inspiration out of that box, how cool! Love it!

Karen Masbaum said...

JanetMarie, thanks for following my blog! I love your little paintings! What a great idea, one which I may "borrow". I love to finish a painting in one sitting, so this is a terrific forum.

Mary Anne Cary said...

This is such a fun, happy painting! I love it!

Lisa Riehl said...

Love it, makes me feel like spring is coming!