Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Martha's Coffee Cup" ---#16

8"x6" acrylic on canvas
I'll tell you what, having a goal to paint 30 paintings in 30 days, has helped me finish a few pieces that have been hanging around the studio crying to be finished. "Martha's Coffee Cup" is a painting of my artist buddy Martha Carlson's handmade coffee mug. She brought the model by my studio with a message, this is the first ceramic piece she made. It is beautiful in person, I just hope I did it justice.

Now Myra, just image that there is chicken soup in here. I'm sending virtual soup to you. Get better soon my friend.

-JanettMarie

5 comments:

leigh said...

i know this cup! yes you have done it justice. hope Myra liked the chicken soup!

myra anderson said...

wonderful cup! I imagined that there was baked chicken, mashed potatoes, spinach and a cornbread muffin in there - and then I went to 'Luby's' and bought that!! It was delicious - as is your cup!

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Oh..I like your work and your subject matter and your style..Oh Boy!

hmuxo said...

I like the pattern on the cup..beautiful colors on this painting! You're doing great with this challenge!!!

Fay Terry said...

This is so well done, I'm sure you did it justice!