Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's May in Indianapolis!

Ayri and Mallory with their Indy Car paintings!
Above is a photo of two of my Cookies & Canvas painters from this morning. We painted an Indy race car that signifies the beginning of Race Month here in Indiana!

Ayri on the left is named after the famous F1 race care driver Ayrton Senna! How cool is it that she painted in my class today!! Too Cool! Thanks Ayri : )

May is a busy month for Indianapolis with the Indy 500 Race at the end of the month. This morning kicked off with the Mini Marathon, a 13.1 mile run that is a tradition in Indianapolis since.... forever.... just kidding. I know when I ran it in 1995, it sold out in January! This morning was so hot they put out a yellow flag for the remaining participants to slow down for health safety due to the high humidity and heat, wow.

Oops, I forgot to post this Saturday and now it's Sunday, well, I hope you all understand... it was the heat!

More tomorrow!

-jM

4 comments:

Carole Reid said...

Wow, cool paintings!
Running in that heat must be just plain awful! I can't imagine doing it.

martinealison said...

Un petit peu de ta chaleur me ferait du bien!...
Tes artistes en herbe ont réalisé un merveilleux travail.
Gros bisous

JanettMarie said...

My young painters do make me proud. : )

Angela Sullivan said...

These are so nice. Both are winners