Saturday, February 2, 2013

"White Martini" --big #1

15"x11" mix media on paper
It's a "White Martini" and it's a bit bigger at 15"x11". This painting is oil paint, oil pastel and glitter on the arches oil paper. I mean like a paper that you're supposed to be able to paint with oil and not have to gesso it first. This is a test. Time will tell how it takes the oil paint. I've painted on paper with oil and no ground before and found the oil bleeds out of the paint into the paper.

Today I had the pleasure of painting for Vivian's birthday party. Vivi is 6 today and most of her friends are 4, 5 and 6. I think we had one 3 year old. This is one of the best age groups I have painted with. They really know how to have fun painting. It was also the first time I've had painters finished their paintings before me, and I was supposed to be teaching them. Who was teaching who today? Lots of fun! Thanks Vivian and Melody (Vivi's Mom).

-JanettMarie

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love it!!!! My favorite...very subtle!!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the looseness of this! I want to try that paper! Just bought some and can't wait to see how it is!

leigh said...

stunning, jM.

lee said...

oh this one, so beautiful, and how would that be kids are so free with your art and so creative at that age