Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Wood Wind Iris" itty bitty

Today, I got the chance to play golf. I really enjoy golf, but today I was distracted by the flowers, oops.

I plucked this one from between hole 12 and 13 at the Wood Wind Golf Course. I called it a wild iris (I really had no clue).  Carolyn said she thinks it's a Siberian Iris, I think she is correct!

I clipped another flower from the course, that is really cool looking. Maybe someone will know what it is tomorrow.  I was going to do a painting of it today, but about 5 PM it started closing up like an umbrella.
I'm hoping in the morning it will open back up. Here's hoping!

-jM

2 comments:

Bonnie Fillenwarth said...

It is so frustrating when they move on you! I started out painting and drawing flowers in our garden and they would always move on me by the time I was almost done!

JanettMarie said...

It's crazy Bonnie! I guess they really are alive!