Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Artists' Special"

"This drink is so-named because it was invented at the Artists' Club in the rue Pigalle, Paris, in the 1920's. The red ingredient was originally redcurrant syrup, but grenadine can be used to perfectly good effect instead. The mixture of Scotch and sweet sherry at its heart is a very appealing one."

1 measure / 1 1/2 tbsp Scotch
1 measure / 1 1/2 tbsp sweet brown sherry
1/2 measure / 2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 measure / 2 tsp grenadine

How about that! This is my model for today. I started with a red itty bitty canvas and this example from a bartender's guide. I thought the name appropriate and the color worked so here is the itty bitty "Artists' Special"! The addition of the recipe was a "must" in case any one wants to try one... hmmm...

This is number 8 of the 10 in this martini series. : )

-jM

1 comment:

Connie Nobbe said...

Hi Janettmarie! I was wondering if you have taken a workshop from Carol Marine before? I thought about it, since one is coming to Illinois next year. I know you know who she is because I was perusing her blog about her studio, and I saw you had left a comment.
Just wondering...
Connie Nobbe