Monday, June 14, 2010

"Mexican Martini"

"Mandatory Mexican Monday", yup, we had chips and salsa and all of that stuff at the little La Jolla mexican restaurant in Broad Ripple tonight. Mandatory Mexican Monday was the inspiration for this itty bitty.  Here we have it, a Margarita, which translates into a Mexican Martini! On the real drink we had tonight there was a lime wedge on the glass, well... I'll have to include that next time!

Mexican Martini is number 7 of the 10 martini paintings!

-jM

2 comments:

RPLancaster said...

Hi Janet, Was looking at my friend Karen's Blog and noticed your blog picture and I had to come take a look. I love your martini series! I have been mulling over the idea of trying a painting a week, not sure if I'm ready to do the one a day thing yet.
Great little paintings!
Paulette Lancaster

JanettMarie said...

Thanks Paulette!
One of the ways to keep the painting a week from being to monstrous is to do smaller paintings. Most of my "little" paintings are 6"x6" and the "itty bitty" paintings are 3"x3" or 3"x2". From those, I have been able to find inspiration for the bigger paintings that come along as a result of the practice/routine of painting "almost" everyday.
It's one step at a time.
Good luck and stay in touch!