Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Study this Mess"

6"x6" oil on canvas panel
How about this little messy pig. This painting is the beginning of something big... I hope, I joke, I mean I hope I will do better than this with a little more practice. I just had to get back into the saddle and just start making painting part of my daily routine, whether it's painful or not!

Patience, patience, patience! And I decided that it is only fair to share it all with you! "Full Monty", well... almost.... at least show you the beginnings of paintings that I feel I will definitely have to work back into some more.

I picked up a book from the library today, it is titled "Alla Prima" by Richard Schmid, have you heard of him?
I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say, the book itself to purchase is quite expensive. I really want to find out... why.

Going away for the weekend, I will catch back up with you on Monday.

Have a lovely weekend!

-jM


6 comments:

leigh said...

oh jM! the lighting on this little painting is exquisite! you've brought such dignity to the lowly little piggy bank, the poor little dried-up susan, and martha's little tiny vase! well done!

Connie Nobbe said...

I have read Alla Prima a few times, and each time I learn more. It's worth purchasing, in my opinion. Like your piggy!

Angela Sullivan said...

Have read some of his writing. Only good can come of it....love your painting.

Bonnie Fillenwarth said...

Here Piggy Piggy! Love it! Is Kathleen's kitty cat next?

Susie Gregory said...

thanks for your lovely comment about my friend...it's been tough - and hard to paint lately...but getting better every day... i'm betting that after you read a fair bit of schmid's book, you'll purchase it!!! - i asked for it for christmas several years ago and can't get enough...he has an early book on figure painting which is also fantastic! love your stuff!!!

joanieART said...

another glowing still life, that piggy is adorable!