Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Amaryllis & Snowman... Related?


Do you know what an amaryllis is? That cool looking flower that blooms in the winter time inside your house....  well, a friend of mine gave one to me today, but I have to plant and care for it. I planted it in the container that was part of the package and I had this little snowman guy hanging around the studio, so I put him in the planter/pot. They look like twins! The amaryllis bud is on the left...


I think this flower will bloom in like 6 to 8 weeks. It will be fun to paint eventually. I couldn't believe I was painting dirt today! Yes, that brown looking snow is supposed to be dirt!


Another painting...  I didn't know what I was going to paint today until it just materialized.... from the heart.


-jM

2 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Your snowman reminds me to keep on smiling because the first spring blooms are only 6 to 8 weeks away (I hope). I can hardly wait.

Kathleen O'Neil Stevens said...

I love it, and I think your work is always from the heart...Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!