Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Tessa" -Sold


It's been a busy day, and.... guess what! We did get the snow that was predicted... huh, how lucky was that! 50-50 for the weather guys....

This is the painting I did for Different Strokes From Different Folks challenge in December. This is Tessa, an artist that lives in Canada. I'm thinking that this little bit of cold and snow that we have here is nothing  for all those brave artists in Canada. Brrrr.....
About this painting... I debated and debated, do I put the hand in... the hand, that was a challenge... I decided to go ahead a do it,  some of the other artists did not put in hands and I thought, it is a challenge after all, so the competitive me, I put it in.  : )

I've not done any of these challenges before this, well this was good. I learned a lot. A lot about painting from photographs and doing portraits and deadlines and other details...
If you look closely, Tessa has one blue eye and one green eye, that was my subtle artistic bent to this portrait. I'm pretty sure no one notices but me....
Stay warm....

-jM

1 comment:

Kathleen O'Neil Stevens said...

Great job on Tessa, and I love that you posted her! I think you did a great job...I look forward to doing the DSFDF challenge with you, if you are game....and by the way, did I mention how much I like this one?