Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"62 For You"

Third apple for the Golden Apple Sub-series. The model for this painting was an actual Gold Delicious, but I put green in for good measure. What do they call that? Artistic License?

The paint I've been using for the aquamedia is Golden acrylics, the heavy body stuff from the tube. I call the medium aquamedia because I will also use other water soluble materials in the painting, like Derwent Inktense pencils or Portfolio water soluble oil pastels or even Caran D'Ache Neocolor II water soluble crayons. This one did not have all of those but one or two were used for sure.

Maybe a video again one of these days... soon...

-jM

2 comments:

myra anderson said...

it sounds and looks as if you had fun with this one! I want all of those things you mentioned!! I love the colors and the textures! I find the yellow around the highlight and the violet to blue tones very wonderful and restful!

JanettMarie said...

I'll send them to you along with the art projector I have...
I use my projector when I have a small drawing or sketch that I've done and I want to enlarge it... you know, like the large martini that is 6 foot by 4 foot, I used the small image to get the beginnings on the big canvas... I did not use it however for the big cup of coffee... hmmm...
Thanks "the art of the dance is like chocolate"!