Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Two is Okay...

"Above One"   6"x6" oil on canvas panel
"Above Two"   6"x6" oil on canvas panel
I think I have these mixed up as far as which one was on my left and which one was on my right. I painted these at the same time. I thought... "why not", I've painted several at a time before, remember the acrylic on paper with the apple and the coffee cup series. This was very, I want to say "freeing", is that a word?

Here is the rose I worked from, it was a bit unhappy because I had not taken care of it. I tried to make appear a bit more happy.
Unhappy model...
I couldn't help to not think about Georgia O'Keeffe while painting these close up flower images. She was all about that.

I missed the post yesterday, oh well, every once in a while may be better than every day any way, yes?

Maybe I'm crazy, 
-JanettMarie

7 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

These two are very nice. It's supposed to be 30 in 30 isn't it? that means you are still right on track...I think???

JanettMarie said...

Yes, I am still on track, thanks for noticing Bonnie.

Hope you are staying warm way up North there. I always imagine my Canadian friends would think this cold here is nothing compared to where you are.

Angela Sullivan said...

I am still lovin your roses they just speak a different wonderful language.

Angela Sullivan said...

I am enjoying your roses the speak a different wonderful language.

hmuxo said...

This is beautiful, Janett...

myra anderson said...

it's okay to miss one I think!!!!

myra anderson said...

nice roses too!