Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Apple #44" and "Sarah the Ballerina"

Well, I happened to finish this one... so I decided... why not post it! Number 44... 6" x 6" mixed media on paper...

After posting "Apple #43" I thought I would check in on "the art of dance is like chocolate". Well she has this video of a little ballerina teaching us how to put on ballerina make-up and how to tie your hair back into a ballerina bun. I started laughing a bit then I decided to sketch her. As I'm sketching, a light bulb goes on in my brain and it's like... this is the ballerina that Myra drew a portrait of! It has to be! Oh, my goodness, little Sarah inspired both of us!
Good night!
-jM

3 comments:

Katie Wilson said...

Oh ya! This one is very cool, as are your others!

myra anderson said...

Dear jm -
your apple is absolutely beautiful and delightful! hey! you should take some photos showing your progress on your apple series that you are working on - c'mon take some photos! your ballerina is beautiful and charming! I love the way the name is such a beautiful part of the drawing. The pink letters make her cheekbones pop out. I love her eyes too! On a different note - she is not the ballerina I drew. One thing about us beautiful ballerina-sis: we all look alike! (smile!) I'm putting this on my blog!
Love, Myra

JanettMarie said...

Oh Myra... thanks : )