Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"First Star I See Tonight"

Small, 3" by 3" aquamedia on canvas. I say aquamedia because the image is made up of pieces of paint, from my palette of dried acrylic paint. Robert Burridge calls them "skins". There is gold oil paint from a paint pen that I used to dot in a few stars in the sky and a little highlight (at least in my brain) around the figure, so does all of that make this a mixed media painting? Hmmm, could be!
The sideways or diagonal affect is almost Bauhaus, I think. Maybe I'm making things up again, my brain does that too!

Have a great day!
-jM

4 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

That looks like a lot of fun... yep, definitely a mixed media.

myra anderson said...

like bonnie said! also it is captivating - looking almost three dimentional. why do i see a dancer with red hair?

JanettMarie said...

Great! Mixed media! Thanks Bonnie!

Oh Myra! I do see the dancer! Oh, I'm getting closer to that dancer painting....

fine art in artful jewelry said...

a snow dancer....or ski-er dancing downhill very fast in the dark. something about this one jM!