Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Leaf Me!"

Apple 56, no leaf. Poor apple, wants a leaf, "Leaf Me!". Maybe it should say please....

There is a golden sheen over the surface of this painting. I watered down some Golden brand, Iridescent Bright Gold (Fine) acrylic paint and spread it all over the surface. Then I wiped out a few areas that the gold did no lend itself well to the effect. You should see it in person... ooooo... shimmery ..... maybe this is really a golden apple!

Another day, another apple, what will I do when all 100 apples are finished? I better not look ahead now, need to keep my eye on the apple!

-jM

4 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

I can see the shimmer. Very nice.

myra anderson said...

BEAUTIFUL! actually the shadow under the apple looks like a leaf!

JanettMarie said...

Oh good Bonnie, I'm glad you can see the shimmer! I bought more of that paint tonight!

Myra, you are right, the shadow does looks like a leaf! I bet it's the apple's subconscious wish for a leaf! : )

Bobbi Heath said...

Nice apple and I like the number on this one particularly!