Monday, January 24, 2011

"Happy New Leaf"

Apple #53, has a new leaf! It's small, well, it's a new leaf. It's a good idea to start small when you turn over a new leaf. Baby steps. It's January and a lot of people make those New Year Resolutions, some of them require one to turn over a new leaf, I guess... Okay, enough nonsense, it's apple number 53 and it has a new baby leaf!

I tried something new in this painting, something I've never done before, stenciling. Yes, I've never done it. Thank you leigh for teaching me how, I had no idea! Of course I had no idea, so I had no idea to ask! What is that word "pouncing", I didn't know to pounce!

Happy New Leaf!

pounce.... pounce...  pounce...

-jM

3 comments:

fine art in artful jewelry said...

hooray for new leaves babysteps and apple #53!!!

myra anderson said...

hey! i had the flu! wonderful apple . . . you are moving right along! I love your color palette, the way you are numbering the apples and the stencil. POUNCE!

JanettMarie said...

Welcome back Myra, we all missed you!
Yes, pounce!