Monday, January 31, 2011

"Seeing Double" -Sold

We have a terrific ice storm tonight, so I drove home early from the studio and brought with me stuff to paint with. Well, here is apple number 58, oil on a 6"x6" panel. I painted this using Gamblin oil paint and Liquin medium. Wow, that Liquin really allows the paint to flow. I painted this down stairs in the home studio where I started my "Little Paintings" adventure. Old memories surfaced and oh just like the old times... painting in straight oil, with a set up light source and an actual model, I grabbed a "Gold Delicious" apple that was hanging out in the refrigerator. The only difference from old times is that I used Liquin instead of the linseed oil mix. Can you tell that this painting is leaning against a mirror?

I couldn't help myself...  put that little "58" in the painting...  : )

-jM

9 comments:

Randy said...

Hey, putting those "little" numbers on your paintings reminds me of all those times looking for the "bunny head" on the cover of Playboy. They have really good articles you know........

martinealison said...

Nous aimons admirer notre "pomme"!
Sérieusement, très joli travail que cette pomme fière de se regarder... Bisous

fine art in artful jewelry said...

beautiful! golden AND deliscious!

myra anderson said...

beautiful apple! it does look good enough to eat! I'll eat the reflected apple too! love the way you got the vibrant yellow!

JanettMarie said...

Vibrant yellow is Gamblin Hansa Yellow and the warmer yellow is Gamblin Cadmium Yellow Medium, oh so rich!
I should try to paint another while we are "iced" in...

Stay warm and healthy "the art of dance is like chocolate!"

Bonnie Heather said...

thinking about you folks over there in the cold. Wishing you well.. Love your #58. Great colour. (That's canadian for color) :)

JanettMarie said...

Thanks Bonnie. Staying inside, waiting for the next storm to hit... : )

Bobbi Heath said...

The numbers are great, don't worry about making them small, they are part of this!

JanettMarie said...

Thanks Bobbi, I am having fun with the numbers... variety is good!