Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Nifty Fifty"

Here it is, number 50! Half way home! And it's a green apple not red, but it's not purple either.... hmm.
Have I mentioned how much I like using my new scanner? Okay, I won't mention it again, but wow.

This painting, I had so many things going on in my mind and so many workshops and artists styles and books that this is a combined painting of thoughts...

Last night, I attended a Wine & Canvas event and painted as a participant, not the lead artist. What fun and I learned other ways of doing things. I loved it. Like using brown to make a shade of a color rather than the compliment. Now I know another way and I get another effect, too cool! I was also reminded that it's okay to use your fingers on your painting when painting! I almost forgot!

It's been a few days since my last painting, I'll try not to stray to far this time!

Another day, another apple!

-jM

2 comments:

fine art in artful jewelry said...

hooray!!!!!! apple # 59, and it's a good'ern!

wo-di impressions said...

YEAH! BTW, I only use my fingers! So I know it is ok unless you are using oils!